Sunday, January 6, 2008

The redeption of Boccie


Yesterday I took a bit of the old "soldiers joy" and played some boccie ball. For those of you who actually might read this there may be a few that ask "what the fuck is he doing taking morphine and lawn bowling?" What you should be asking is "what the fuck is he doing lawn bowling in the middle of January?" I guess they are both valid questions. I don't really know the answer to either question, I would guess that it has something to do with a need to be self indulgent, a complete lack of morals and general apathy. Comparatively my father, by the time he was my age, had a home, a career, and one child with another on the way. If one were to match us up man to man, he would most certainly win by most standards. You see at age thirty I am on about my fifteenth different job in the last decade, have paid for two abortions and have barely enough money in my bank account to pay the rent for my crappy basement apartment. Sounds sad I know. The fact is I don't think my dad's ever played boccie ball before, let alone had a bugged out transcendental drug induced experience while playing it. I'm not saying I have it better than he did, just maybe I was wrong to compare. We are both different men in different worlds related only by a few microscopic strands of DNA.

1 comment:

shamison said...

bocci on morphine, sounds like a rip-off of this blog i saw about skeet shooting on ecstacy. shamis in shiloh says 'i demand a rematch. baby jesus was a narc, he was a real player hater back in the day. i mean this cat started the drill....let's dress up in little red suits and buy trinkets for our loved ones....((((buy more...include your wife this time....then something for the dog, wrapped in beef jerky, we can't leave the homeless people out, let's buy something for them this year......total market saturation)))))))....yeah, baby jc was the original....."oh i mean, if you guys are coming by anyway, i guess just bring me some gold or something i can use, i was just born. one more thing, if you see that mother-scratcher poncho pilot, kick him in the sack, and tell him little baby jesus is having a birthday party.....sheep, shepherds, republicans, lots of bling, and guess who didn't make the scroll.